Monday, April 18, 2011

Pursuing the dreams 16th and 17th April, 2011

I had a tremendously fun filled weekend (16 & 17th April, 2011) for two main reasons. First I  got to see/meet up with Ms Najmi, my room-mate when I was reading Law at UiTM, Shah Alam in 1992. (The meeting will be accounted for in a separate write up later!)

The other main reason that colored my weekend red was the opportunity to get to meet the awesome Ms Daalia Abdul of Lea Oven in person and be one of her pioneer students for the Bake with Chocolate class.

I was too excited to attend Ms Daalia's class that I reached her place one hour earlier than the class commencement time. That was made possible because I coincided with her at the traffic light towards Kota Warisan! What a lucky day it was! It saved me a lot of unnecessary time wasted and the hassle looking for Ms Daalia's place had we not met on the way!
The gorgeous Ms Daalia Abdul of Lea Oven and Yours Truly
I was ever so grateful to get to learn to bake, trim, cut, layer/fill, cover and decorate the chocolate cakes with ganache and chocolate flowers and chocolate leaves. 

Chocolate Moist Cake
To be able to bake and decorate this Chocolate Moist Cake was a really awesome experience. The class is pricey but the experience and knowledge gained is priceless!

Chocolate Indulgence Cake

Chocolate Cheese Cupcakes

Thanks a lot, Ms Daalia! You are such great teacher! i am forever indebted to you!

1 comment:

  1. Feedback from my darling Pak Abu:
    "Mommy, this cake is simply delicious and strongly awesome! (Directly translated to Malay : Mommy, kek ini sedap dan mantap!)
    "I like it!"

    ReplyDelete