Saturday, January 15, 2011

Mind power

It was a fresh Friday morning. The air was crispy and dewy. Aishah and I set off from PR at exactly 6.35a.m. Our targeted destinations were the new High Court at MSC port building, near The Zon, JB, the Wisma Persekutuan and Nusajaya.

"I am worried that we may not make it to the Court on time" said Aishah, breaking the morning chill. I could sense her being worried from her voice. She is worried that we may not be able to find a place to park the car in the building!

"We will make it on time" I convinced her. I was relieved to see her putting back that sweet smile of hers back on her cute face.

"We will make it on time, get our matters heard and move on to our next destinations" I repeated to her.

We recited the "traveling prayers" (as we always do) and started our journey. Aishah sat quietly in her seat. Maybe thinking along with me that we shall be able to make it on time. I understood her concern for being on time as it was a Friday. Friday seems to be the shortest day and we have a handful of things to clear before the weekend!

We reached the Court without much challenges at almost 8.15a.m. Way too early before the new time fixed for all Courts to begin the day. She did not notice the outcome from the input she has been feeding her mind! ;-)

On our way to the escalator, I was asking Aishah whether she realized that all the traffic lights turned green as we approached them, hence our smooth journey to here!

"Indeed! I never realized that!" said Aishah, with a pleasant surprise in her voice. I smiled.

I sat with Dr Wendy Ooi at the court lobby, exchanging news. We had not met each other since she moved to JB. She was as jubilant and cheerful as I could remember. Aishah was busy key-ing in her cases particulars at the kiosk. Then she came and joined us. After waiting for about twenty minutes, I saw her case number flashing on the big screen being the second case called for the day!

"Aishah, your case has been called. You can go to cubicle 7 now" I told the startled Aishah.

She was too happy to notice that her case was the second on the list to be called for today. She hurried to downstairs to cubicle 7 to get her application heard. While she was there, I saw her second case number appearing on the big screen. And I knew we would soon disappear from that place to go to our next destinations.

Dr Wendy was curiously questioning me as to how Aishah managed to get her cases called prior to hers, despite she being at the Court an hour earlier than we did. I was just smiling and keeping quite!

Aishah finished her matters in no time. We had coffee and curry puff together at the Cafe before we proceeded to Wisma Persekutuan to attend to my matter. I couldn't get my matter done, however. I was told that the lady officer who were in charged was having her break from 10a.m. to 12p.m.! (To be equal to the male staff who would have long break on Friday!) Hmpphhh... nothing can be done there. Fine. So we decided to proceed to Nusajaya.

We managed to finish doing what we needed to do at Nusajaya before they stop for that long Friday afternoon break. That was made possible for one kind young man who gave me his number which is smaller in digits to mine. I was pleasantly grateful. I managed to finish my matters at exactly 12 afternoon.

Since it was still early, we decided to return to town for lunch. We had a great lunch at Singgah Selalu before we came back to WP.

"Are you sure that there is people at the office?" asked Aishah doubting that there would be people to attend to me during that hour. (It was about 1 p.m. when we reached there).

"Oh yes, I am sure that someone would be there so that I could get this done" I replied without hesitating.

Aishah was waiting in the car while I went upstairs. After about half an hour I came down to the car.

"Did you manage to get it done?" Aishah asked me, inquisitively.

"You bet!" I answered, unhesitatingly.


"That was awesome!" exclaimed Aishah, unbelievably, but with pleasant laughter.

"I told you!" I answered, tongue in the cheek.

On our way back, Aishah was still talking eagerly that she could hardly believe what we went through that day.

I repeated to Aishah all that we did was thinking and talking positively. And what actually happened was we were attracting all the positive things to us that day. And this was the day Aishah and I proved to ourselves how true that was. We definitely can use our minds to control the situations and not the other way around!

I want to thank Aishah for giving me that opportunity to experience such great Friday! Thank you, Aishah!

No comments:

Post a Comment