Tuesday, June 11, 2013

The fierce waves, the seasoned sea banks and the morning sun!

Honestly, as a Lawyer, I always hope to give correct and precise advise to those who need them. Over the years my records have been clean. Over the years I was saved of complaints and upsetting remarks. I could take pride in that records. My conscience has always been very clear. Until that unfaithful day. But one not so positive remarks in years of practice (17 years) I think is a very, very good record. But one such remarks is too many and too detrimental at the same time.

Let me be like the banks 
   At first, it was detrimental to my mind. I kept thinking how could I have overlooked this? To me it was a genuine overlook. But to the others, it was simply unacceptable! 

And I wish I am like the banks of this sea. Hardened and seasoned by the daily whippings of the unforgiving waves and strong winds!

And after two weeks, I now have learnt to count my blessings and accept that one mishap as an opportunity to better myself. 

Morning is broken!
And I decided to allow those who were not happy with me to take their own sweet time to cool it off. And in the mean time, I stopped thinking about what had happened and focused on what I want to do. I am only human, after all. And what matters most was that the minute I was told about the overlook, I raised my two hands and admitted my mistake and offered an apology, from the very bottom of my heart. I am not God. I am bound to make mistakes. And I have already said I was sorry.      

And I knew one fine day, they would realize that I can make mistakes. And so can them. 

And I pray everyday that they will forgive me. I knew in their mind that they were upset. But in their heart, they still care. 

And when I found out that that "one day" has came, I feel so grateful. That feeling of gratefulness (for being forgiven) was like seeing the morning sun. It gives hopes and a sense of inner peace. And I am grateful to be given such a great lesson in life (to expect the unexpected!).

I hope this inspire others to take full responsibility of what you had done (especially the not so good ones). Save your breath on explaining. Nobody wants to listen. Just tell them what they want to hear: Yes, you are right. Its my mistakes and I am sorry!

Have a great if not awesome day and week ahead, guys! Embrace each and everyday like there is no tomorrow! 

- Yours Truly   

No comments:

Post a Comment